Help and support
HMRC support for customers completing their Self Assessment tax returns
Leading up to 31 January 2017, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) are providing a variety of digital products to support customers who are completing their 15-16 Self Assessment tax returns. These include:
- Live chat sessions where customers can listen to live Q&A and submit questions themselves.
- Live webinars on completing the online Self Assessment return with some additionally tailored to cover the Income from Property sections.
- Recorded webinars which can be accessed 24/7
- A selection of e-learning packages designed specifically for businesses, including topics such as Business Expenses.
- A range of short YouTube videos covering topics such as:
- Do I need a Self Assessment return?
- How to register for Self Assessment
- Tailoring your return
- How to register if you’re self-employed
- Class 2 National Insurance
- Paying your Self Assessment tax bill
- If you can’t pay your tax bill
Details of all these products can be found here on the GOV.UK website.