Lloyds - Inward Investors
Lloyds Bank is keen to support companies seeking banking relationships in the UK. For example, in May 2014, Lloyds Banking Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with China Development Bank to support investment into UK infrastructure and energy projects.
Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking has recently become the first UK Bank to enter into a strategic partnership with UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) to attract inward investment into the UK. This two-year partnership, which will run to March 2017, will aim to make the best of both organisations’ strengths in supporting UK businesses to succeed globally.
As part of the agreement, Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking and UKTI have set out a series of activities to help UK businesses to thrive and support the UK’s ambitious targets for trade and investment by 2020.
The partnership will aim to:
- Support global cross sector trade and inbound investment into the UK
- Develop the 20-20 agenda
- Collaborate to deliver export advice to businesses
- Coordinate work in key markets, such as China
- Create greater regional coordination of work between UKTI and Lloyds Bank
- Deliver regional workshops for businesses considering exporting (delivered in partnership by UKTI, Lloyds Bank and UK Export Finance)
- Increase support for investors to set up bank accounts in the UK
For help and support with the above process please contact Graham Middleton, Relationship Manager, SME Banking on 07917 051 016 or at grahammiddleton@Bankofscotland.co.uk