HSBC - Inward Investors
Throughout HSBC’s history we have been connecting customers to opportunities. We enable businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, helping people fulfil their hopes and dreams and realise their ambitions. ‘Foreign company expertise’, specifically helping them to do business in the UK is at the heart of what we do.
HSBC is specifically structured to assist foreign companies with their international journey. We facilitate this by building a globally coordinated, consistent relationship with the aim of achieving trusted partner status.
We provide, through our HSBC website, a large amount of general information on doing business in the UK, as well as macro research on trade trends, providing foreign investors with an insight into the key aspects of undertaking business and investing in the UK. Should an overseas headquartered business wish to start a relationship with HSBC in the UK, a referral is made to HSBC UK via our overseas offices to the dedicated International Subsidiary Banking (ISB) team within the UK. We will work as a seamless global team ensuring the client’s experience is as straightforward as possible by having coordination at parent company level and on the ground in the UK.
Our assistance is focused on the banking and financing needs of the client. This can range from Acquisition advisory through to Capital Markets financing, access to working capital, bank accounts, payment settlement facilities and credit cards for the UK based senior management team. Through our network we often can provide advice and contacts if the client needs them to assist in this process.
- UK specific support can be accessed via the overseas and UK Relationship Managers, with specialised knowledge coming from the network of Business Managers on Trade, Structured Finance, Global Markets and Payments & Cash Management.
- Online UK Inward Country Guides and Country Guides for 21 other major global business regions.
- The ISB Relationship Managers are regionally based throughout the UK and have a broad network of finance professionals that will also be able to provide assistance in the specific region the inward investor wishes to be located.
- HSBC Business Information Centre can provide specific research papers and industry specific information tailored to the client’s requirements through the Relationship Manager.
- HSBC is also able to provide trade and sector insights for Inward Investors who may wish to keep abreast of the current issues affecting the UK and wider Global Economies. For example, we have a quarterly paper which details the outlook each of the tradeable currencies.
Accessing services and support
Overseas businesses should first establish a relationship with HSBC in their home country. Through this link the company can access the global network of HSBC. We centre the our relationship at the heart of a company’s decision making, typically at the parent level, and coordinate the global relationship from this hub.
Our network covers 73 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America. We have HSBC commercial banking offices in:
Algeria Argentina Armenia Australia Bahrain Bangladesh Belgium Bermuda Brazil Brunei Darussalam Canada Chile China Czech Republic Egypt France Germany Greece Hong Kong India Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Japan Korea Kuwait Lebanon Macau Malaysia Maldives Malta Mauritius Mexico Netherlands New Zealand Oman Palestinian Autonomous Areas Philippines Poland Qatar Russia Saudi Arabia Singapore South Africa Spain Sri Lanka Switzerland Taiwan Thailand Turkey UAE UK USA Vietnam
Full list and contact points available from www.hsbc.com (click on Commercial Banking and select country)
For help and support with the above process please contact
Paul Horsford, Corporate Relationship Manager | International Subsidiary Banking | HSBC City of London Corporate Banking Centre. 1st Floor, 60, Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4N 4TR
Phone 07920 081476 Email email@example.com
David Maddison, Corporate Banking Manager | International Subsidiary Banking | HSBC City of London Corporate Banking Centre. 1st Floor, 60, Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4N 4TR Phone +44 3455 851030 Mobile +44 7920 413826 Email firstname.lastname@example.org